Our client located in Shrewsbury, Ma is looking for a Mechanical/Quality Inspector to join their 1st shift on a Direct Hire Basis.
- Inspection of mechanical parts using GD&T and CMM
- Able to read GD&T and prints
- Technician / is responsible for receiving, first piece, in-process, and final manufactured parts inspection in accordance with drawing specifications, including GD&T (Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Technician utilizes all types of precision measuring instruments/equipment and develops CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programs for use by self and others, i.e. Quality Inspectors and Machinists.
- CMM Technician / Programmer reports to Quality Control Supervisor.
- PC-DMIS software
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Programs various CMM’s (Brown & Sharpe, DEA) using mainly PC-DMIS software and maintains a listing of all available programs listed by blue print, part number and revision number.
- Collects dimensional data needed for process capability studies and manufacturing program verification. Analyzes results with machine operators and manufacturing engineer so that non-conformances found can be eliminated.