Our client in Shrewsbury, MA is looking for a Quality Inspector with a CMM background to join their team on a Direct Hire basis.
- Responsible for receiving, first piece, in-process, and final manufactured parts inspection in accordance with drawing specifications
- Utilizes all types of precision measuring instruments/equipment and develops CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) programs for use by self and others, i.e. Quality Inspectors and Machinists.
- Reports to Quality Control Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collects dimensional data needed for process capability studies and manufacturing program verification. Analyzes results with machine operators and manufacturing engineer so that non-conformances found can be eliminated.
- Records sample evaluation data and enters it into the database and contacts manufacturing, engineering or purchasing for disposition results.
- Determines acceptability of rework by conducting an inspection of parts to determine if the rework has met all drawing requirements.
- Trains other Quality Control Personnel and Operators in the operation and programming of CMM’s.
- Creates and proofs all operation inspection methods using the CMM, plate lay-out, or hand tools for accuracy and expediency during production release.
- Verifies Operator’s measurements and aids in providing the proper inspection tools to the shop floor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Requires an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a relevant field, or equivalent experience as a CMM Inspector/Programmer with 4+ year experience.
- ASQ Certification (American Society of Quality), i.e. Certified Quality Technician, preferred.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering drawings and GD&T.
- Proficient in algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to use a wide range of precision measuring instruments, i.e. comparator, toolmaker microscopes, surface tables, dial indicator gauges, block contour reader, analyzers, vernier micrometers, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills in working with other professional, skilled technicians and the ability to train others.
- Near Distance Acuity – Capable of reading J-2 letters in at least one eye on a standard Jaegers test chart (Natural or Corrected).
Working / Environmental Conditions
- The working environment is an industrial plant with mainly metal component machining, assembly and logistics operations with office facilities. Majority of work is done within the CMM room.
- Operates hoist for moving larger objects.