We are currently seeking an Mechanical Tech for out client in Spartanburg, SC. The Mechanical Assembly technician is responsible to set-up, machine, fit and assemble component parts and precision tooling to build special-purpose machinery, robotics work cells and factory automation projects.
This is a direct hire role and pay is dependent on experience but will range between $20-25 per hour. The role does require 20-25 percent travel on the road projects usually last 1-2 weeks. Facility is climate controlled with outstanding benefits including:
- 100% of medical for individual or family is company covered. Dental and vision are available. 100K life insurance is company covered.
- 3 weeks vacation to start. Can roll over up to 5 vacation days so possible to have 20/yr. 5 personal days.
- Be informed about new projects through project kick-off, mechanical designers, project managers and the schedules provided.
- Read and interpret blueprints, operation and product-related reference charts and tables and select mechanical measuring, checking and layout tools and devices.
- Execute measuring, checking and layout operations and select work piece materials and the required cutting tools and abrasives for metal removal operations.
- Perform metal removing operations using hand and power tools and select work piece clamping and holding devices and product-related components.
- Fit and assemble parts and sub-assemblies to build special-purpose machinery, robotic work cells and industrial automation systems for precision assembly operations for customers.
- Qualified to inspect and test/maintain plant capital equipment on the shop floor.
- Maintenance and repair of machines, machine parts and production systems.
- Advise designers of any potential design problems coordinating rework if required.
- Participate in the debug/integration of the line or station start up. Completing the set up checks of stations before controls are scheduled to be on the station.
- Complete tasks on pre-acceptance checklist and provide to Assembly Manager.
- Participate in tear down and shipping of the equipment dismantling in an orderly fashion to minimize the installation time at customers’ site.
- Participate in the system installation at the customers’ site as needed.
- A certificate of qualification as a toolmaker or assembly technician or equivalent work experience.
- Five years’ experience building machines, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience in the assembly of special purpose machines, automation or robotics.
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential.
- Willingness to travel and to work on weekends/Holidays (as needed) up to 20% per year
- Self-directed and result-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team