MIP Production Manager
Our client in Franklin is looking for a 1st shift Production Manager to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Position: The MIP Production Manager is responsible and accountable for the operation of the MIP production process. Ensures the safe, accurate and timely production of products. Coordinates with the MIP Kitchen and MIP Laboratory Engineer regarding production schedules to ensure appropriate product inventory and availability.
Duties, Authority and Supervision:
- Report directly to the Executive Director
- Be responsible and accountable for the production of MIP infused products and the associated processes
- Direct reports include Lab Technicians, Packaging Team Members and Head Chef
- Provides support to Laboratory Engineer and Team.
- Follow Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Maintains extraction/ infusion operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing operational policies and procedures
- Drives overall MIP performance and compliance with quality standards
- Maintains and controls finished goods, raw materials, and MIP Product inventories
- Ensure consistency in the production of infusion material and provision to the MIP Kitchen for product generation
- Responsible for inventory, recordkeeping and quality of product at all times, maintaining inventory via seed to sale tracking
- Facilitating and coordinating the operational requirements between Extraction, MIP, Kitchen and Product Vault
- Responsible for accurately weighing and recording all product weights
- Provides leadership and direction to production and kitchen employees to continuously improve quality, reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Provide leadership to MIP production staff, ensuring counts are accurate and staff are performing in the most efficient manner possible
- Provide supervision and leadership to the MIP Kitchen regarding precise infusion, production schedules and associated testing
- Manages employees by establishing performance goals, allocating resources and assessing performance
- Responsible for mentoring and leading junior production staff through critique of their work to maintain consistent quality and exemplary work
- BA/BS in Management or Operations or equivalent. Combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience in various cannabis extraction methods preferred
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and multitasking skills
- Ability to interact professionally at all times, leading by example
- Manage a controlled workflow in a fast paced environment;
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana