Our client located in Lynn, Ma is looking for a 2nd Shift Packaging Supervisor to join their team. This is a Direct Hire Opportunity with Overtime.
- Adhere to safe working practices at all times
- Perform daily checks of area for non-compliance and report them to your supervisor
- Ensure finished product conforms to specifications
- Manufacture quality products efficiently within time and quantity parameters
- Drive and motivate team to meet and exceed daily targets and deadlines i.e. UPMH
- Accurate and timely completion of required documentation to enable clear traceability
- Follow the company GMP's
- Ensure clean and tidy production area at all times
- Remove out of spec material from production line
- Complete Date Code and Label checks.
- Report Downtime to maintenance in a timely manner
- Plan ahead all activities to reduce downtime
- Record data.
- Manage ERP system transactions.
- Manage employees work schedules, breaks and tardiness
- Communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes
- Conduct Weekly team brief with direct reports
- Monitor and action all waste
- Manage inventory of raw material
- Manage, coach and develop direct reports.
- Take active lead with new employees and temporary labor
- Encourage colleagues to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry
- Experience working in temperature controlled settings
- Experience with perishable items
- Proven track record in safe working practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Goal oriented & well organized
- Ability to work all scheduled shifts, on time
2nd shift hours: 3:30-11:00pm
Pay Rates: $20-26/HR with .25 shift diff.