Location: Bridgeport, NJ
Position: To perform the job successfully, an individual must accomplish the following position objectives:
- Develop production plans in order to meet customer requirements and achieve 95% OTD
- Maintain the integrity of the data within a MRP system from a planning aspect
- Assist master planner in managing inventory levels to improve working capital while meeting customer needs
- Achieve Schedule attainment targets through the coordination of work center activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Properly execute planning through our ERP for CT01 and NJ01
- Create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective material and production plans
- Work in conjunction with Customer Service, Sales, Production and Purchasing to support the production plan.
- Review and plan transfer orders to subsidiary sites.
- Attend the daily manufacturing execution meeting and follow-up on any open action items from the meeting.
- When necessary, prioritize schedules to ensure customer orders are meet.
- Work with customer service to manage customer order priority.
- Provide production completion dates to customer service for expedites and one off orders.
- Evaluate and maintain safety stock levels.
- Update/manage lead times in Syteline.
- Assist production to establish proper Kanban levels and where they should be located.
- Participate in developing best practices for the planning department.
- Support and execute continuous improvement in all processes of the planning department with focus on lean manufacturing.
- Communicate with document control group to insure BOM and Route accuracy in order to manage a capacity planning.
- Direct the work of and provide coaching to lower level Planners.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related supply chain management field
- 5 years minimum experience in production planning
- Working knowledge of an ERP/MRP system in a manufacturing and/or E-Commerce environment
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement teams and activities
- APICS certification preferred (CPIM/CSCP)