We are currently hiring a Demand Planner for a regular full-time assignment to join our team. This individual will be located in the Duluth, GA office. This could be a temp to hire role or a direct hire opportunity depending on interview and skill set.
This is a great opportunity with a competitive salary range.
The jobholder is responsible for tactical and/or operational planning of finished good. Manages the balance between the supply of components, target inventory levels, and timely delivery to customers without supervisory intervention.
- Translate the demand plan for finished goods into a supply plan and inventory plan.
- Leads the preparation of the S&OP process to come to an agreed long term and short term plan in line with the strategic defined KPI's.
- Load up an accurate supply plan into MPR system. Verifies the resulting purchase plan for material. Run MRP buying report to determine ordering requirements.
- Runs a Backlog report as needed (minimum bi-weekly) to ensure that there is enough supply either in stock or on order to support the Sales demand.
- Follow up with supply chain (whether its from another company, or with a 3rd party supplier) Planner will work with Purchasing Buyer to get material in house to meet the sales schedule and customer demand.
- Communicates component shortages and due dates to Manager as well as Customer Care representative.
- Challenges supply capabilities with counterparts (BE or Sac-3rd party buyer) will escalate to higher levels in product base to redirect product to the US.
- Decides on and implements changes in order priorities and analyze for the impact. Communicate the impact and decision to Manager.
- Gives feedback to Customer Care coordinator on progress of the schedule. Communicates and updates delivery schedules for the coming defined period.
- Approve new sales orders & assign delivery dates based on material availability.
- Review all open demand via Business Objects Report. Uses discretion and judgment as to which orders need priority.
- Attend weekly or semi weekly meetings with other team members to review the schedule, and provide input to ensure that the sales targets are met each month.
- Check the ASN each morning to see what has shipped from BE (for drop ships this will help identify what orders have indeed shipped and this can be communicated to account coordinator)
- Decides on late or early hours for work from home when contacting Belgium, based on needs of the business
- Recommends and implements inventory levels based on judgments made when analyzing data on product usage.
- University degree or equivalent by experience
- 3 - 5 years experience
- In depth knowledge of ERP and MRP system
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package; Crystal reports, Access and Visual Basic are an asset
- Communication skills.
- Analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Stress resistant , able to coop with complexity
- Team player, ability to work in an international environment
- Will use discretion and judgment for order planning without supervisor intervention
- Support Manager in meeting required KPI's (inventory levels, on time deliveries)
- Run inventory reports to ensure inventory levels are in line with KPI's. These reports will also assist in determining what is in stock, so that communication to the account coordinator can be provided in order for them to release sales orders for shipping. Must plan this to meet on time delivery KPI. Based on order requirement will work from home in evening for placing or orders, and communicate with Belgium in early hours of day to insure shipment of product.
- This position regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion that can significantly impact the business by insuring products are available for customer orders.
If you would like your resume reviewed faster, please send a copy directly to Kyle Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org