Our premiere client is currently seeking a Plant Electrician for the Taunton Facility. This position involves performing all aspects of support, repair and maintenance to electrical/control systems in a state-of-the-art automated chemical plant.
Primary duties include;
- Service, maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems on the facility, plant utilities and production process equipment.
- Install electrical and control wiring for new equipment installations.
- Perform calibration on instruments with 4 – 20 mA or 0 – 10 V outputs.
- Record data with equipment such as a VOM, infrared camera and instrument calibrator.
- Work on equipment in areas that have hazardous electrical classifications (Class I, Div. I and Class II, Div. II).
- Assist with mechanical repairs as necessary.
- Must hold at a minimum a Massachusetts Journeyman Electrician License.
- Ability to work from ladder logic diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Have a firm knowledge of electrical codes and be familiar with those codes pertaining to those rated as a hazardous area classification.
- Have basic experience with fire alarm systems
- Have a minimum of a high school education or GED
- Have a minimum of 5-years of experience working with Industrial electrical systems.
- Must be familiar with industrial controls and HVAC systems
- Must be experienced troubleshooting industrial electrical systems and control problems.
- Must be physically capable of climbing ladders, lifting equipment weighing up to 50 lbs., bending and stooping as needed to perform the job.