Plant Operations Manager
We are currently seeking a Operations Manager for our client located in the Greater Atlanta area. The Operations Manager will be a key member of the Site Leadership Team. The responsibilities include overall management of an assigned high volume manufacturing plant. The accountabilities also include annual budget preparation and monthly profit/loss variances as well as maintaining quality and safety standards.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager
- Coordinates all manufacturing activities at production plant.
- Leading a team of Supervisors in daily production activities.
- Develop and administer safety policies, procedures, and training that insure a safe work place for all full time, staffing, and contract employees.
- Establishes production and quality control standards. Develops and implements budget and cost controls.
- Plans production activities and directs plant supervisors in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinates production activities with production planning, maintenance, shipping and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Coordinates new technology or process implementation with Technology and Development department.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Directs revision of production of schedules and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Responsible for budgeting process for all manufacturing areas.
- Prepares annual capital and operating expense budgets for the production plant.
- Conducting daily department safety and production activity meetings.
- Conducting audits to ensure the production of a quality product.
- Coordinating with Production Planner to identify and ensure necessary daily production, reviewing production sheets and deciding which line/equipment to use in order to meet daily goals.
- Conducting audits to insure acceptable housekeeping levels are being maintained.
- Continually drive lean manufacturing principles and process improvements.
Requirements of the Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field is preferred.
- Minimum of seven years in a high volume manufacturing operations environment.
- Ability to use basic computer applications and an understanding of spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and speak to variances on a monthly basis.