Our client located in Leominster, MA is looking for a Process Engineer to join their team. This is a Direct Hire opportunity in the Plastics Industry.
This position is responsible for maintaining process improvements of our molding machines to achieve the highest level of quality and productivity. This includes inspections, capability studies, Design of Experiment, developing procedures, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions and all other areas of quality program.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently troubleshoot machine, processing and mold problems. Perform minor repairs involving electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems to maximize productivity and reduce downtime.
- Develop and document process sheets for all jobs.
- Maintain production schedule to ensure customer requirements are met in a timely manner. Work with assistant and floor helpers to maintain technical process and color changes.
- Maintain accurate inventory controls, review raw material needs on a daily basis to insure production schedule is completed as required.
- Ensure machines stay running during scheduled operation.
- Assist with the implementation of and abide by all F&M safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to: Lockout/Tagout, Accident reporting, Forklift Safety, etc.
- Provide training as needed on new procedures being enforced, support inspection function, and train employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure compliance to procedures and policy
- Develop and execute process validation protocols and publish reports. Develop area, process and supplier quality plans and out of control action plans.
- Participate in review of manufacturing and testing of new products to assure quality requirements are fulfilled. Implementation and continuous improvement of testing procedures and SPC programs.
- Work with Quality on Document Control to ensure proper setup and utilization
- Assures compliance to in-house and external specifications and standards
- Interface with customers, vendors and 3rd party assessors as needed.
- BS is Plastic Engineering-Preferred
- 2-4 yrs. experience Process Engineering in Injection Molding-Preferred
- Work efficiently and maintain a composed demeanor in a fast-paced environment