Process Technician III
- Responsible for timely and accurate production mold/machine set-ups and starts.
- Maintains detailed information within the current reporting formats, on statistics, processes and procedures.
- Prepares various set-up sheets on all new jobs.
- Assists production personnel in the trouble-shooting process for cost effective solutions.
- Checks tooling and auxiliary equipment for possible repairs prior to production runs.
- Responds to alarms and takes corrective action involving quality issues, processing, and/or minor machine, mold, and auxiliary equipment repairs.
- Complies with government regulations in adherence of EPA, MSDS, Lock/Out-Tag/Out and all other proper safety standards.
- Continuously reviews set-ups and production runs to ensure efficient productivity.
- Analyses molding defects to determine the root cause and initiates material, machine, process, or tooling remedies.
- Recommends tooling and/or machine improvements for mold repairs, processes, yields, scrap, waste, etc.
- Cleans and services molds on a scheduled basis to assure continued efficiency during production runs.
- Ensures that production jobs are running to appropriate cycle specifications for maximum yields.
- Trains and mentors lower level technicians in on-the-job mold and process routines.
- Performs material and mold tests as directed.
- Updates and maintains all documentation or procedure when changes occur.
- Keeps current on new technology and developments in regard to areas of responsibility, as time allows.
- Installs, maintains, adjusts and repairs a variety of automated machines and specialized equipment.
- Provides trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and repair
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) some college preferred; five plus years hands-on experience in plastics injection molding processes.
- Must have working knowledge of molding theory and be familiar with various types of computer programmable injection molding machines.
- Must have knowledge of commodity thermoplastic polymers, process capability analysis and SPC procedures of all injection molding machines.
- Must have regular, reliable attendance and willing to work outside the regular schedule as required.
- Willing to handle job stress and interact with others in the workplace