We are currently hiring for a Production Controller to join our team Direct Hire!
This position will be responsible for standard operating/production control procedures, safety, quality control, cost, delivery and continuous improvement initiatives of the designated area..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure daily production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation
- Analyze and prepare documents needed for production.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
- Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
- Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
- Interacts with shop floor management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- Will be responsible for planning, monitoring and supervising all activities associated with Team Members of the assigned area.
- Must ensure compliance with procedures and instruct Team Members in proper procedures.
- Ensure Customer standards are being met and that customer shipments are correct and timely.
- Verify in-house inventory levels (cycle counts).
- Must monitor and maintain all MRO for shipping and receiving.
- Prepare production sheets for daily activities (manual or in the system)
- Verify and ensure accurate reporting of hours or work for the purposed of payroll, attendance and PTO accruals.
- Responsible for all necessary production reporting and required paperwork.
- Transports raw materials, Work in Progress (WIP), and finished goods between production manufacturing areas.
- Transfers completed parts (in-house logistics) to finished goods areas/dunnage areas
- Work directly with customers to verify deliveries and confirm capacities.
- Develop schedules that clearly show the flow of work through various departments or workstations schedules the activities that take place in manufacturing process
- College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Two years of MRP/ERP system experience preferred.
- Understanding Microsoft Office products; strong computer skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- APICS Certification preferred