Production Manager 2nd shift
Production Manager 2nd shift
Our client in Billerica is looking for a Production Manager on 2nd shift Direct hire.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily activities of Manufacturing and Packaging operations. The Production Manager will ensure that production schedules are regularly met, that production operations conform to cGMP practices, and that all products meet quality standards.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with schedule and cost factors.
- Ensures that all team members are adequately trained and activities are performed as specified in documented work instructions.
- Coordinates the production schedule to insure that all Kanban’s are adequately stocked and meet schedule requirements
- Use Lean principles and tools to drive a continuous improvement culture to improve safety, quality, efficiency and cost
- Prepare production reports for management team to capture key performance metrics and highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Works with the manufacturing engineers to address issues and improve overall product quality
- Collaboratively revises production schedules and priorities as a result of equipment or operating problems
- Responsible for the accuracy of raw and in process materials in the production areas.
- Formally evaluates performance of team members and champions professional development of team.
- Ensures production team members are informed, enabled, motivated and held accountable.
- Supports the CAPA process as required.
- Ensures that quality/production data is recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates activities across shifts.
- Provides input and support for technology transfer and new product introduction.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supervising work activities in a high-volume production environment, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a management, operations or engineering discipline
- Must have strong familiarity with cGMP guidelines and ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820 regulations.
- Must have experience working in a regulated industry; Consumer products or Life Sciences preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience in set-up and operation of automated production equipment.
- Must be a team oriented, detailed individual. Should have a strong work ethic, self-starter and adaptable.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess the initiative and drive for continual improvement.
- Process oriented and uses data to make decisions.
- Have a work style that motivates the production staff.
- Must be able to fulfill job responsibilities in a fast-paced/high-volume production environment.
- Proficient in basic computer skills. Fundamental knowledge of ERP systems; Microsoft AX would be a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.