We are looking for a Production Planner on a direct hire basis! This position is out of North Billerica, MA.
- Plan production commitments and deliver timely and accurate reports to Customer Service.
- Analyze Work Orders, in the AS400 Production Plan Screen, and make adjustments to equalize the load and minimize disruption.
- Populate and maintain the Daily Load Report. Analyze the data and point out trends and/or bottlenecks to the Director of Operations.
- Attend weekly Production Meetings to make recommendations and provide solutions to any production issues.
- Revise “Schedule Date(s)” on any work orders where material is not available to more accurately represent the expected shipment date.
- Help Supervisors to set priorities in a “Capacity Overload” situation.
- Make recommendations for staffing based on the long-term view as seen in the Daily Load Report.
- Compile information on manufacturing variation and work with the engineering staff to minimize the effects of variation on the operation.
- Make recommendations on partial shipments when there is difficulty completing the whole order.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to minute details of a project or task.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.