The DAVIS Companies is seeking a Production Supervisor for a leader in the medical device industry.
Responsibilities of Production Supervisor:
- Establish priorities; monitor progress; resolve problems; report results of the processing flow on shift production summaries
- Formulate partnerships across shifts/departments to initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation and deliver value added work that reflects the business objectives of the organization
- Provide production information to business partners when requested by compiling, sorting, analyzing and presenting production performance records and data
- Maintain work flow by monitoring the steps of the process; evaluating job cycle times; observing control points and equipment and facilitating corrections to malfunctions as required; monitoring associates and resources; studying methods; recommending cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems
- Ensure proper operation of equipment by efficiently calling for repairs when necessary
- Accomplish production results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining associates; recommending, assisting in developing and consistently enforcing policies and procedures
- Maintain quality by establishing and consistently enforcing organization standards
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations
- Work in cooperation with EHS and Engineering to identify significant environmental impacts of plant operations and to establish goals and targets to improve safety, minimize impact on OSHA logs and reduce lost work day cases
- Coordinate with other shift supervisors to achieve consistency and best practice production results
- Conduct performance management discussions and effective, thorough and objective investigations; properly document and resolve issue
- Develop Leads by providing them with new opportunities to grow in their positions and by challenging them while holding them accountable for results.
- Consistently hold Leads accountable for performing all of the essential functions of their job descriptions.
- Conduct performance reviews on all assigned associates
- Motivate associates to introduce new ideas and to promote continuous improvement and growth at levels of the organization