This position will be responsible for all aspects of the procurement function including commodity management, maintaining a strong dedicated supply base, interaction with production planning, inventory control, logistics and resource management. Price negotiation is also a critical aspect in this role.
- Manages greater than $1M annual purchases.
- Manage the day to day activities of the purchasing function to maintain competitive cost, maximize timely delivery or products and services, as well as support the company's annual operational objectives.
- Manage, publish and monitor the Corporate Vendor Rating System and manage associated supplier quality programs required to support the business requirements.
- Coordinate and facilitate activities and commitments with other departments and/or functions.
- Analyze trends and market conditions regarding pricing, availability, lead-time, and capacity adjusting sourcing plans and planning parameters as required to maintain continuity of supply.
- Develop and track project schedules. Establish and publish road maps for future expectations 1-3 years into the future.
- Prepare and monitor departmental budget.
- Manage and coach procurement team staff including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Define and promote continuous improvement activities.
BA/BS in Business or Operations Management
7-10 years purchasing experience in technology manufacturing environment with 3-5 years (minimum) experience managing people, projects and budgets.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Intermediate PC skills including spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Strong contract administration, teamwork, leadership and global supplier assessment & engagement skills
- Strong negotiation skills
Job Type: Full-time
Core Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefit Package
If you are interested in applying for the full time direct hire job opening please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.