Our client located in Haverill,MA is looking for a Direct Hire Quality Inspector who has sheet metal experience to join their team. This is a 1st shift Direct Hire role with a Salary range from $47-52K.
- Inspects products at various stages of production process to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products with extreme accuracy, proficiency, and efficiency.
- Performs first-piece, in-process, and final inspections for all departments.
- Inspects according to customer requirements using dial and vernier calipers, height gauges, pin gages, thread gages, and scales.
- Performs first-article inspections, recording results.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Identify all process and product non-conformances.
- Communicates discrepancies to appropriate management representative to ensure that all products meet customer specifications.
- Ensures that all documentation is completed as required.
- Knowledge of precision sheet metal fabrication and processes.
- Minimum 2 years sheet metal inspection experience.
- Must be able to calculate developed flat from customer drawing.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Decision and problem solving skills.
- Able to read prints and have understanding of bend deductions.
- Must know basic math and geometry and trigonometry.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of PEM and equivalent hardware.
- Knowledge of finishes, particularly plating and painting, including inspection techniques.
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Experience inspecting welded parts and assemblies.
- Ability to work well and effectively communicate with others.
- Follows ISO instructions and updates the router.