Description - Quality Engineer:
Our Client in Hall County GA is the leading global provider of advanced processing systems and services to the Poultry, Meat and Fish industries. They are in need of a Quality Engineer.
As a Quality Engineer you are driving the quality performance improvement of our internal operations. Using your technical knowledge, analytic thinking and excellent people skills, you’ll work closely with internal stakeholders to improve internal manufacturing operations.
- Measure and drive quality performance improvement;
- Provide leadership in continuous improvement activities.
- Conduct internal audits, assessing the quality system and process control, and follow up on open actions;
- Conduct product and process audits, ensuring that product and processes meet the company's requirements;
- Review and approve documentation like: FMEAs and control plans
- Cooperate with the company's organization in the selection of new, and the development of existing suppliers;
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- Communicate engineering and manufacturing specifications to supplier technical teams
- Travels to supplier locations to resolve quality problems
- Be the lead contact concerning quality issues. Ensuring effective problem solving in order to prevent recurrence of non-conformance.
- To be successful in this position, you need to be able to act on a Bachelor's level or you have at least 6 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferably, you have finished your educations in the field of Mechanical or Industrial Engineering;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct supervision;
- Experience with various tools, like: Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, 8D, RCA, PPAP, etc.
- Ability to think critically, anticipating/ recognizing and managing risk;
- As a person, you can be best described as organizational sensitive, persistence and analytical. Besides that, you are persuasive, decisive and proactive. You enjoy communication with other people and you can be seen as a great manager of stakeholders;
- You need to be able to communicate in English (both written as well as spoken)
- In this position you will be requested to travel and work with suppliers both locally and abroad