Run Test Supervisor
Run Test Supervisor
We are hiring for a 1st shift Manufacturing Supervisor, Direct Hire, at our Plant in Selma, TX!
Responsible for the day-to-day operations and supervision of run test technicians to ensure units are tested according to established specifications and schedules;
- Monitors the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing, equipment set-up, or inputs so that testing specifications are met and resources are used efficiently.
- Supervises staff to ensure that all run test tasks are performed, and all machines and equipment operated safely and efficiently.
- Ensures training of new workers on operating procedures and standards.
- Prepares run test reports so that performance problems can be identified and resolved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all team members follow safety policies and procedures.
- Organize, set up and optimize testing in accordance to specifications before, during and after the manufacturing process.
- Analyze the files provided by the Engineering and Design department, and then participate in defining the objectives (cost, quality, and timelines), methods and means (materials, human resources).
- Develop and improve run test processes by studying product and testing methods.
- Improve run test efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing pass-fail standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating calibration, maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Monitor run test operations on a daily basis and supervise run test personnel, from the team leaders to the workers.
- Develop and continuously evaluate processes to measure and improve testing effectiveness and productivity (process effectiveness, team efficiency).
- Evaluate and develop run test processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with vendors, and soliciting ideas from team members (run test, engineering, research & development, service, …)
- Manage the calibration system.
- Knowledge of refrigeration
- Knowledge of N.E.C.
- PC skills (spreadsheet, word processing, database)
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), preferred
- First Aid and CPR Certified
- Lean Manufacturing
- Three or more years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Some domestic travel will be required for training >5%