We are currently hiring for a Safety Manager to join our nation-wide gas distribution company on a Direct Hire basis!
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Champion our accident and incident program, work closely with our employees as well as our insurance provider.
- Help foster and grow the company’s safety culture and reputation.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Understanding of health and safety guidelines
- Ability to produce reports and develop relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- High School Diploma or GED with at least 5 years of experience in Safety or Fleet Management
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT standards are a must- (for training purposes and CDL truck safety)
- FDA knowledge a plus. This will be hard to find but would be excellent if it could be.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills to help reshape the safety culture. Needs to be able to converse and motivate employees about safety.