The senior machinist will program, operate, and set up multiple CNC machines and train/lead less experienced machinists in performing their duties. The senior machinist will act as a manufacturing lead, and thus must be able to read blueprints and perform quality functions to ensure appropriate quality standards are maintained. As a part of the lead role, they must be able to operate all machines and systems within the work cell/department.
- Operate and set up CNC machines properly.
- Perform tooling and fixturing changes as necessary.
- Program CNCs within department.
- Read and comprehend existing programs and make appropriate adjustments when necessary.
- Properly inspect product using various types of measuring equipment.
- Complete all required order documentation properly (inspection, job traveler/SWO, etc.).
- Possess required tools.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work area and follow 6S practices.
- Thoroughly understand Good Documentation Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Assist in training equal or lesser graded CNC Machinists.
- Develop and monitor manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot issues with programs and processes.
- Attend and/or perform cross-training as necessary.
- Data entry
- Exhibit familiarity with part numbers, lot numbers and inventory control practices.
- Adhere to all applicable environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Work overtime as required.
- Promote adherence to manufacturing schedules and deadlines.
- Support and promote adherence to all applicable environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Lead in the promotion of a cooperative and supportive work environment. Communicate any issues or concerns with management as necessary.
- Two (2) years Trade School or Community College Degree and Three (3) years related work experience in a high-volume manufacturing operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in a medical manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- CNC programming experience
- Basic math skills
- Detail and accuracy-oriented
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
- Team player
- Effective communication skills