We are looking for a Service Manager to join our client located in Danvers, Ma on a direct hire basis.
This position is responsible for all aspects of field service, customer support, and sales support for our Digital Line of Business. Key performance indicators for this position include establishing and maintaining high customer satisfaction levels for digital products, defining the structure, processes, and software tools to efficiently solve customer’s problems, and defining the approach to ensure Service and spare parts are profitable for the company while being competitive in the marketplace.
- Generate and quantify critical metrics to guide decision making, track improvement, and ensure the financial position of our Service organization is properly evolving.
- Manage field response (cases), preventative maintenance visits, and personnel to meet challenging goals in machine up-time through remote and on-site corrective action.
- Create and manage field engineer and customer training vehicles to ensure technician expertise and that customers can maintain their equipment properly and perform simple repairs.
- With the support of the Service parts planner, forecast, procure, and stock service spare parts at our manufacturing partners, Inkcups HQ, regional warehouses, and at customers’ sites.
- Through our manufacturing partners, ensure a tight, closed loop on OBQ problems.
- Benchmark Inkcups service pricing and costs.
- Create warranty and support packages which bring value to our customers and build a profit-creating service brand.
- Seek efficiency improvements in staging, sample making, and customer service tasks.
- Distill key metrics to quantify the appropriate headcount and locations for Service Technicians.
- Contribute to product development activities and release preparation
- Agreement on Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) parts or subassemblies.
- Establish field alignment test patterns and fault isolation support.
- Document preliminary user guides for beta sites.
- Define daily, weekly, and monthly user preventative maintenance.
- With Marketing, support the generation of maintenance and repair videos.
- Identify and prioritize software and hardware bugs/faults to be fixed before full product release.
- Build complete user and Service documentation.
- Represent Inkcups digital Service through personal trade show support, key account visits, and new account sales support.
- Establish system-related metrics which ensure that all aspects of Service are aligned
- Identify model call rates, call rate drivers, and parts usage.
- Compile KPIs to optimize service technician location and quantity. Manage and measure service technician utilization.
- Define and collect data needed to support a Digital Service P&L.
- Manage the roll-out of required hardware and software upgrades for the field.
- Working with suppliers and Engineering on parts obsolescence.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Finance, Math, or Science.
- 10+ years experience in a professional Service environment.
- Accustomed to 20-25% US and international travel.
- Experience leading diverse teams in multiple regions toward a common goal.
- Experience coaching and mentoring middle management staff in a constructive manner.
- Salesforce CRM experience a plus.