Job Title: Shift Supervisor (Glass)
Location: Gloucester City, NJ
Shift: 2nd (6pm-6am)
The Shift Supervisor will supervise, coach, train, and effectively utilize the skills of assigned personnel. In this role you will need to effectively use manufacturing equipment, tools, and facilities, continuously improving production processes and efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set daily, weekly, and/or monthly production goals for employees and communicate them clearly
- Develop a Lean-principled, team oriented approach within each work center
- Prepare, deliver, and follow up on training and orientation plans for new employees within your assigned department.
- Ensure safety training is provided to all team members, including safe operation of equipment and work processes
- Communicate general work direction through the Leads and/or directly to team members
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities, coaching, performance evaluation, disciplinary steps, policy review, etc.
- Improve labor efficiency by eliminating non-value added activities, streamlining work flow, and ensuring the proper tools are available
- Assist in keeping inventory at optimal levels.
- High School or equivalent
- Degree in a technical, engineering, or relevant field is desired
- Seminars, training, and certifications in supervision and manufacturing techniques
- Proven experience leading people in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 3 years supervisory experience at a manufacturing company is desired
- Experience using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Excellent mechanical and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills, including ERP systems MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Glass Manufacturing Experience (Architectural/Refrigerated)