We are currently seeking a Sourcing Manager with global experience sourcing mechanical assemblies and custom parts. You must be technical and hands-on, developing a qualified supply base to secure the best value for goods purchased. Leveraging this supply base, you will partner with Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, and Quality to identify the best sources for parts and assemblies in order to deliver qualified products to the manufacturing line.
- It is imperative and a must that you have experience sourcing parts and systems in China
- Be responsible for sourcing both complex assemblies and custom parts while balancing priorities of time and cost.
- Identify, assess and qualify a global supply base including initial vendor identification, down selection through RFQ processes, and drive cost out while improving quality through a regimented DFM process for both prototype and production parts.
- Use your extensive supplier network to identify, develop, implement, and maintain sourcing strategies and relationships for assigned categories across a global supply base.
- Review product selections, evaluate supplier quotations, and validate compliance to engineering specifications in order to select the solutions that bring the most commercial value.
- Be responsible for purchasing all strategic and new items (other purchasing is handled by our Contract Manufacturers).
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturers and Suppliers to develop cost models, target costs and low cost alternatives. Organize and conduct pricing benchmarks and competitive analysis.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of cost saving projects that meet targets for cost reduction.
- Drive programs to continuously improve the quality of goods from suppliers.
- Actively resolve supplier delivery, quality or commercial issues.
Experience and Education:
- Must have experience in sourcing mechanical parts and complex assemblies from suppliers in Asia
- Must have extensive knowledge of prototype and production manufacturing techniques including rapid prototyping, machining, casting, forging, molding, stamping
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in Commodity/Category Management, Procurement and/or Strategic Sourcing within a global organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with procurement strategy and cost management best practices
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to effectively work with global suppliers
- Able to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints and maintain focus at all times
- Experience working with contract manufacturers • Ability and willingness to travel is a must
- Experience with a wide range of technologies and projects is a plus
- Previous work experience at both small and large companies is a plus