Sr. CNC Machinist
Sr. CNC Machinist
Sr. CNC Machinist:
We are currently seeking a Sr. CNC Machinist for our client in Memphis. The Sr. CNC Machinist will be responsible for performing job assignments on manual and/or CNC machines. Manual machine operations include set-up and tool selection of conventional lathes, mills, grinders, drill presses and other standard shop equipment. CNC machine operations include production on lathes or mills after set-up with few machine/program adjustments. Perform on all Machinist (level I) functions plus more complex machine set-ups.
- Performs all Machine Operator functions.
- Performs frequent and complex CNC/ mill and lathe setup/operations to produce quality parts based on provided specifications.
- Performs setup/operations on specialty machines.
- • Recommends program changes and submits program change requests to programmers/engineers.
- Performs preventive maintenance such as inspecting/replacing fluid levels; inspecting/replacing filters and belts; performing visual inspection; and operating a refractometer.
- Solves tooling issues by identifying productivity of tooling, evaluating tooling performance, and evaluating new tooling requirements.
- Performs routine dimensional and visual inspection of product per procedure, specification or print using basic measuring equipment (calipers, micrometer, scale, indicators, and SPC equipment).
- Maintains safety practices related to machining; (wear protective clothing, eye glasses, as required).
- Participates in set up reduction/process improvement teams to increase process efficiencies.
- Trains others on Level I and II Machining skills through on the job training.
- Perform in other areas as requested by Team Leader including but not limited to one or more of the following: packaging, finishing, material deployment, quality and other machining areas.
- High School Diploma or GED; technical or vocational certifications preferred but not required
- 2 years of machining experience
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints; measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, scales, indicators, and SPC equipment) and knowledge of tool identification