Systems Test Tech
Our client in Norwood, MA is looking for a 1st shift Systems Test Tech. This is a direct hire/ permanent opportunity that requires a drug and background.
Responsibilities of Systems Test Tech:
- Required to perform system verification
- Ensure and exceeds customers’ expectations when they receive their product.
- A strong emphasis on personal and Team SAFETY procedures and requirements.
- Perform final system performance test and verification against published specifications and documented customer requirements.
- Check if the customer order has been fulfilled in full and to the agreed upon specifications.
- Document all activities compliant with applicable test procedures.
- Maintain a strong focus on all assigned administrative tasks especially submitting/saving “paperwork” (electronic and hardcopy) for all work performed on customer systems.
- Continuous improvement of technical and non-technical skill sets via company sponsored training classes and self-directed educational / degree programs.
- Occasional non-traditional duties may be assigned by management, such as customer visit, product seminars, hardware / software beta testing / development, etc.
Requirements of Systems Test Tech:
- At least 3 years of directly related experience in a service / preventative maintenance or technical / mechanical repair environment.
- AAS degree in Electrical or Electronic technology or military / trade school equivalent. (AAS in Electronic Engineering Technology preferred).
- Intermediate to advanced computer system knowledge which includes experience with current operating systems and productivity software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, etc).
- Knowledge of and experience repairing hydraulic and electromechanical systems.
- Knowledge of closed loop control with an understanding of various control methods (load, strain etc….).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to act as a field technical support resource for AFSEs, fellow FSEs, and other support staff.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret technical information involving mechanics, electronics and materials science.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints and schematics, Ability to understand Quality Systems and their intent.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision and manage diverse customer situations.
- Ability to accept changes and recommend best practices, including positive participation in Team meetings.
- Ability to successfully interact with co-workers, manager, and other support staff in a positive and productive fashion; delivering a consistent, premium product to customers.
- Manufacturing plant or lab environment with occasional exposure to heat, humidity, oil, dirt, grease, dust, etc. Regular use of a variety of hand tools and diagnostic / heavy equipment.
- Some lifting required (up to approximately 80 pounds; using assistance to lift over 40 pounds).