A Client of ours near Franklin Township, NJ is looking for a skilled toolmaker to join their growing company.
Responsibilities of the Toolmaker:
- Perform precision grinding of all types of metals including carbide. Operate milling machines, lathes, jig grinders and all other tool room machinery. Work consistently to extremely close accuracy and tolerances of .0005" or lesser when required.
- Power press set up and trouble shooting
- Work from blueprints, drawings, sketches and oral directions to produce complex progressive and compound dies and tools, fixtures, jigs, models and parts etc.
- Use shop mathematics, handbook formulas and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments including scribes, punches, indicators, micrometers, verniers, calipers, gauges comparators, job blocks and other such measuring equipment.
- Select cutting tools, holding fixtures, machine feeds and speeds, collects and lubricants and gear ratios for all kinds of metals and pieces to be worked.
- Diagnose, repair and build all types of tools and dies and perform machining operations on tool room machines, using all necessary machine attachments to make replacement parts, tools, and dies.
Requirements of the Toolmaker:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Technical/trade schooling desired
- Qualified individuals will have at least 10 years tool making experience working with high-speed progressive dies.
- Must be able to follow instructions off prints and verbally
- Medical Device Manufacturing is a plus
2ns Shift: 2:00 pm – 10:30 pm