Location: Bridgeport, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts performance tracking to monitor operational/process compliance; develops improvements
- Evaluates operational capacity to determine downtime, layout optimization and throughput; identifies inefficiencies and completes corrective action plans
- Generates account and system reports
- Conducts training on inventory cycle counting and reconciliation, monitors inventory levels, performs physical inventory audits and researches discrepancies
- Manages workloads to ensure customer requirements and deadlines are met
- Supports implementation of WMS.
- Helps sustain a culture that encourages commitment to quality service and high performance.
- Ensures optimization and care for all distribution assets ensuring proper handling, storage and maintenance.
- Provides employee feedback and support and resolves individual and group performance issues
- Assure a clean and safe working environment for all employees, emphasizing prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, and support the production safety programs
- Operate various lifting equipment and ensure associates are properly certified.
Provides for the supervision of warehouse associates in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, rewards, corrective action, training, performance management and problem resolution.
- Bachelor degree business administration, logistics or relevant field is strongly preferred
- Minimum two (3) years’ experience supervising in a distribution environment
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Demonstrated computer skills and working knowledge of warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Lean manufacturing concepts experience
- Ability to train others and develop leaders
- High level of attention to detail, strong organizational skills required
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities