Our client in Taunton, MA is looking for a 1st shift (8:00am-5:00pm) Buyer/Planner. This is a direct hire opportunity that requires a drug and background check.
Responsibilities of Buyer/Planner:
- Enter and review purchase orders in SAP.
- Manage raw materials inventory utilizing scheduled forecasted demand while maintaining necessary safety stocks and delivery promise to support monthly goals.
- Review requisitions and issue purchase orders daily for all required raw materials while maintaining targeted inventory levels.
- Daily interaction with supplies, sub-contracted partners and transportation to meet delivery promise, deliver in an expedited scenario and be a major contributor to superior internal and external customer service.
- Ensure materials are available to meet production schedules as directed by the Master Scheduler and/or detailed schedulers.
- Analyse and disposition slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Preform routine cycle counting of raw materials as required to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Function as the local inventory expert for all areas and become a key player om periodic physical inventories.
- Pro-actively investigate and resolve vendor problems and complaints. Secure RMA's, credits, replacement material, issue DMR's and requests for corrective action as required.
- Act as back-up for other team members and become proficient in detail scheduling techniques and data requirements.
Requirements of Buyer/Planner:
- Must have 3-5 years of experience (BA degree is a plus)
- SAP or ERP system experience
- Intermediate or advanced Excel experience
- Experience reporting data
- Customer service skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Business Acumen
- Excellent time management skills and working with strong sense of urgency.
Physical/Safety Requirements of Buyer/Planner:
- Safety shoes, glasses are hearing protection are required when working in the production/posted areas.