The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the Control Panel industry by securing a Buyer to join their team. This opportunity is located in the North metro.
- Create purchase orders for variable cost job materials
- Inventory Re-Order Report – Min/Max based
- Job Specific – Using ERP automation (PO Wizard) to purchase “direct to job”
- Consignment Replenishment – ERP generated reports to pay for consumed consigned material
- Update purchase order confirmation due dates to aid in supplier performance review as well as catch late deliveries that will impact production
- Analyze material shortage reports and expedite material as required to prevent seeking management approval for expedites fees
- Evaluate excess material reports, and de-expedite orders when needed to optimize the flow of incoming inventory
- Alert production supervisors and warehouse manager of known shortages that will impact the production or kitting processes via automated scheduling and tracking reports.
- Prepare and submit bid packages to approved suppliers to obtain price and lead time information for support of new quotations and production needs
- Manage/Maintain relationships between company and distributors, manufacturer’s representatives, and manufacturers to ensure accurate pricing, good quality, and a high level of customer service.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field from a four-year college or university and 1-3 years of responsible buying experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Requires accurate, timely and effective purchasing skills and the ability to review, verify and process requisitions and purchase orders.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Proficient with Windows based ERP/MRP systems
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel