Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Buyer to join their team.
- Issue purchase orders as required to procure production-related material and/or services (as well as items required for maintenance, repair, and facility operations)
- Monitor, analyze, and administer daily decisions in support of the MRP actions to ensure that materials are available for the manufacturing operations to meet customer deliveries within stated lead times; including active management of outsourcing activities.
- Negotiate and coordinate the procurement of materials and services necessary to support the manufacturing schedule to acquire goods and services while maintaining good supplier relations.
- Manage purchased inventories, lot sizing & minimum buy quantities to attain the most advantageous cost position for the company (including consideration for company owned inventory costs).
- Actively participate with audits and supplier development activities.
- Limit back order of all assigned materials and/or services while communicating back order information to internal departments.
- Maintain measurement systems for suppliers and routinely evaluate supplier performance.
- Assure that all terms and conditions are met as established by Purchase Order requirements, Supply Agreements and technical requirements and conflicts are identified.
- Demonstrate continual growth towards competent performance of duties described as “Senior Buyer Responsibilities”.
- Working closely with the SDE, take the lead in providing oversight and direction to ensure that the commercial aspects of our supplier relationships are properly established.
- Supply Agreements (work closely with the Accounting Manager)
- Price & cost drivers
- Supplier relationship management
- Inventory terms
- Overall supplier performance
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier partnerships that will provide the company with competitive advantages in lowest total cost, highest quality, and superior customer service.
- Assess suppliers & potential suppliers for their position as a competitor to the company, implementing and following appropriate guidelines & safeguards to appropriately protect the companies confidential information.
- Award new business to suppliers based on the collaborative efforts of the SDE/Estimating/Engineering groups – considering ASL, pricing, timing, technical capabilities, terms & conditions, competitor status, etc.
- Negotiate Supply Agreements, Terms & Conditions, Pricing, etc. to acquire goods and services per the most advantageous terms for the company
- Drive continuous improvement with suppliers in alignment with company goals, including year-over-year cost reductions in overall supplier related costs.
- Take the lead in conducting spending analysis to continuously improve purchased supply for best-value performance in support of the strategic objectives of the business.
- Routinely evaluate suppliers and monitor supplier performance; update supplier status as appropriate. (Scorecards, Business reviews, Supplier Status - Preferred, Satisfactory, Needs Improvement).
- Create & utilize tools such as metrics, scorecards and comparative analysis to identify cost savings opportunities and to monitor/manage overall supplier performance.
- Develop multiple “Preferred” suppliers for each key material/service required to meet our production & business risk needs.
- Work closely with BCM’s, CSS, Planners to properly manage purchased materials and services regarding cost and inventory management considerations such as minimum buys, replenishment programs, raw material inventory coverage, and lead times, to achieve overall customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 1-3 years of buying experience within a manufacturing setting; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Other Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential including strong negotiating skills using a structured approach
- Able to effectively use IQMS for purchasing and inventory functions
- APICS, CPM or other purchasing credentials desired
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance philosophies, practices, and techniques
- Production Assistant in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Customer Service Rep in Needham Heights MA
- Receptionist in Alpharetta GA
- Outside Account Manager in Brooklyn Park MN
- NDT Level III Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Gainesville GA
- Quality Control Inspector in Cumming GA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Mechanical Drafter in Brooklyn Park MN
- Solidworks Drafter in McBee SC
- IT Recruiter MA in Woburn MA
- Electrical Engineer in Alpharetta GA
- Material Handler in Lindon UT
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Customer Care Coordinator in Suwanee GA
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Newton MA
- Collections Specialist in Norwell MA
- Financial Analyst in Milford MA
- Inventory Controller in Lebanon NH
- Shipper in Plymouth MA
- Sr. Assembly Technician in East Boston MA
- CAD designer in Hudson MA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Safety Engineer in Norcross GA
- Material Handler in Taunton MA
- Manufacturing Supply Chain Clerk in Doraville GA
- Shipping in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Packaging Engineer in Ayer MA
- Manufacturing Lab Technician in Norwood MA
- Maintenance Planner in Gainesville GA
- Engineering Intern in Memphis TN
- Order Processor in Duluth GA
- Planner in Duluth GA
- Depot Repair Technician in Duluth GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- Deployment Team in Suwanee GA
- Assembler in Acton MA
- Technical Recruiter MA in Marlborough MA
- QA Technician in Lawrence MA
- ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Controls Engineer in Vance AL
- Electrical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Wiring Technician in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Suwanee GA
- HR Director in MA
- CNC Machinist in Contoocook NH
- Sr. Electrical Designer in Alpharetta GA
- Quality Engineer in Minneapolis MN
- 2nd Shift Machine Operator in Plymouth MA
- 2nd shift ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Shipper- Warehouse Associate (seasonal) in Ashland MA
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Maintenance Controls Tech in Gainesville GA
- Electro-Mechanical Assembler - Technician in New Brighton MN
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Shipping Clerk in Brooklyn Park MN
- Bench Repair Technician in Cumming GA
- Welder - Sheet metal fabricator in N. Billerica MA
- Program Manager in Saint Petersburg FL
- electro-mechanical assemblers in Merrimack NH
- Standard Fabrication - 1st Shift in Suwanee GA
- Quality Engineer in Newnan GA
- Maintenance Mechanic in Lynn MA
- EM Assembler in Westborough MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Chelmsford MA
- Quality Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Packaging Supervisor in Lynn MA
- Technical Writer in Norwell MA
- Accountant in Loganville GA
- Assembly in Buford GA
- Wiring Technician in Buford GA
- Production Admin in Duluth GA
- Shift Supervisor in Duluth GA
- Maintenance Mechanic, Class A, 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Industrial Engineer in Loganville GA
- 2nd Shift Shipping Lead in Lynn MA
- Quality Engineer in Clinton MA
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Assembler in Suwanee GA
- Press Brake Operator in Duluth GA
- Mechanical Engineer in Bedford MA
- Process Engineer in Covington GA
- Refrigeration Technician in Acton MA
- Electrical Technician in Milford MA
- Supplier Quality Technican in Milford MA
- Documentation Control Specialist in Maple Grove MN
- Clinical Data Manager in Boston MA
- Mechanical Assembler- 2nd Shift in Santa Fe Springs CA
- machinists- 2nd shift 3p-11 in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Programmer in Contoocook NH
- Quality Documentation Coordinator in Bloomington MN
- Lab Processing Clerk in Norwood MA
- Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Norwood MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Microdeburrer in Milford MA
- Assembly Specialist in Milford MA