Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Buyer to join their team.
- Issue purchase orders as required to procure production-related material and/or services (as well as items required for maintenance, repair, and facility operations)
- Monitor, analyze, and administer daily decisions in support of the MRP actions to ensure that materials are available for the manufacturing operations to meet customer deliveries within stated lead times; including active management of outsourcing activities.
- Negotiate and coordinate the procurement of materials and services necessary to support the manufacturing schedule to acquire goods and services while maintaining good supplier relations.
- Manage purchased inventories, lot sizing & minimum buy quantities to attain the most advantageous cost position for the company (including consideration for company owned inventory costs).
- Actively participate with audits and supplier development activities.
- Limit back order of all assigned materials and/or services while communicating back order information to internal departments.
- Maintain measurement systems for suppliers and routinely evaluate supplier performance.
- Assure that all terms and conditions are met as established by Purchase Order requirements, Supply Agreements and technical requirements and conflicts are identified.
- Demonstrate continual growth towards competent performance of duties described as “Senior Buyer Responsibilities”.
- Working closely with the SDE, take the lead in providing oversight and direction to ensure that the commercial aspects of our supplier relationships are properly established.
- Supply Agreements (work closely with the Accounting Manager)
- Price & cost drivers
- Supplier relationship management
- Inventory terms
- Overall supplier performance
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier partnerships that will provide the company with competitive advantages in lowest total cost, highest quality, and superior customer service.
- Assess suppliers & potential suppliers for their position as a competitor to the company, implementing and following appropriate guidelines & safeguards to appropriately protect the companies confidential information.
- Award new business to suppliers based on the collaborative efforts of the SDE/Estimating/Engineering groups – considering ASL, pricing, timing, technical capabilities, terms & conditions, competitor status, etc.
- Negotiate Supply Agreements, Terms & Conditions, Pricing, etc. to acquire goods and services per the most advantageous terms for the company
- Drive continuous improvement with suppliers in alignment with company goals, including year-over-year cost reductions in overall supplier related costs.
- Take the lead in conducting spending analysis to continuously improve purchased supply for best-value performance in support of the strategic objectives of the business.
- Routinely evaluate suppliers and monitor supplier performance; update supplier status as appropriate. (Scorecards, Business reviews, Supplier Status - Preferred, Satisfactory, Needs Improvement).
- Create & utilize tools such as metrics, scorecards and comparative analysis to identify cost savings opportunities and to monitor/manage overall supplier performance.
- Develop multiple “Preferred” suppliers for each key material/service required to meet our production & business risk needs.
- Work closely with BCM’s, CSS, Planners to properly manage purchased materials and services regarding cost and inventory management considerations such as minimum buys, replenishment programs, raw material inventory coverage, and lead times, to achieve overall customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 1-3 years of buying experience within a manufacturing setting; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Other Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential including strong negotiating skills using a structured approach
- Able to effectively use IQMS for purchasing and inventory functions
- APICS, CPM or other purchasing credentials desired
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance philosophies, practices, and techniques
- Controls Engineer in Troy MI
- Lab Technician in Bedford MA
- Welder in Doraville GA
- Helper in Doraville GA
- PCB Solder in New Hope MN
- Mechanical Assembler in Chanhassen MN
- Quality Engineer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Tweezer Solderer - Assembler in Haverhill MA
- Customer Service Representative in Suwanee GA
- Industrial Painter in Loganville GA
- Test Tech in Acton MA
- Sr Corporate Accountant in Billerica MA
- Test Operator in Westboro MA
- Quality Inspector in Fridley MN
- Sr. Embedded Software Engineer in Milford MA
- CNC Machinist Mill or Lathe in Boylston MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Newnan GA
- TEST TECHNICIAN 1st and 2nd shift in Manchester NH
- Test Technician in Worcester MA
- Order Processing Admin in Billerica MA
- Multi-Purpose Technician in Flowery Branch GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Machine Watcher - Technician in Woburn MA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- CAD Designer in Atlanta GA
- Welder in Loganville GA
- Fabricator - Insulation Shop in Loganville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Loganville GA
- Field Service Technician in Loganville GA
- Receiving Material Handler in Flowery Branch GA
- Equipment Operator in Jefferson GA
- Bench Service Technician in Alpharetta GA
- Logistics - Dispatch Manager in Everett MA
- Product Designer in Conyers GA
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineer in Keene NH
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- SENIOR ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Maintenance Supervisor in Seabrook NJ
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Quality Tech 1 in Memphis TN
- Trade Operations Supervisor in Milford MA
- Standard Fabrication - FC Prep2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- District Manager in Los Alamitos CA
- Sr. CNC Machinist in Memphis TN
- Shipper-Receiver in Memphis TN
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Control Panel Power Wirer in Brooklyn Park MN
- Control Box Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Wire Harness Assembler in Brooklyn Park MN
- Warehouse- Receiving Associate in Lawrenceville GA
- CNC Utility Operator in Milford MA
- Machine Operator - 2nd Shift in Newton MA
- CNC Machinist - Days in Milford MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Clinton MA
- Senior Programming Engineering in Contoocook NH
- Modular Assembly - 2nd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Design Engineer in Lawrenceville GA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Pendergrass GA
- Assembly Line in Flowery Branch GA
- Sheet Metal Fabricator (Mechanic) in N. Billerica MA
- Production Assistant in Los Alamitos CA
- 3rd shift Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing Technician in Andover MA
- Sr.-Staff Software Engineer in Andover MA
- Buyer - Planner in Merrimack NH
- Sr Systems Engineer in Bedford MA
- Assembler II in Milford MA
- Sr. CNC Machinist in Memphis TN
- Wiring Technician in Hoschton GA
- Fabricator in Flowery Branch GA
- Material Handler in Eden Prairie MN
- CNC Machinist-Programmer - Level 2 in Suwanee GA
- ASRS Machine Operator - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Assembly Technician in Billerica MA
- Buyer in Milford NH
- Operator- Assembly Tech in Central Manchester CT
- Production Supervisor in Brooklyn Park MN
- Electrical designer in College Park GA
- Project Engineer in College Park GA
- Controls Automation Engineer in Maple Grove MN
- Slitting - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Slitting Lead - 3rd Shift in Suwanee GA
- Facility Mechanic in Plymouth MA
- Microdeburer A in Milford MA
- Shipping - Lead in Suwanee GA
- SENIOR QUALITY SPECIALIST in Merrimack NH
- Electrical Design Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Picker-Packer in Memphis TN
- Assembler III in Hudson NH
- Jr. Program Manager in Hudson NH
- Shipper-Receiver in Marlborough MA
- Electrical Tester in Brooklyn Park MN
- Manufacturing Test Engineer in Huntsville AL
- Controls Engineer in Newnan GA
- Purchaser in Duluth GA
- CNC Programmer in Memphis TN
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Memphis TN
- Quality Inspector in Memphis TN
- CAD Designer in McBee SC
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Design -Drafter in Concord NH