Sorry, this particular job is closed. But feel free to fill out a General ApplicationSearch Jobs
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Buyer to join their team.
- Issue purchase orders as required to procure production-related material and/or services (as well as items required for maintenance, repair, and facility operations)
- Monitor, analyze, and administer daily decisions in support of the MRP actions to ensure that materials are available for the manufacturing operations to meet customer deliveries within stated lead times; including active management of outsourcing activities.
- Negotiate and coordinate the procurement of materials and services necessary to support the manufacturing schedule to acquire goods and services while maintaining good supplier relations.
- Manage purchased inventories, lot sizing & minimum buy quantities to attain the most advantageous cost position for the company (including consideration for company owned inventory costs).
- Actively participate with audits and supplier development activities.
- Limit back order of all assigned materials and/or services while communicating back order information to internal departments.
- Maintain measurement systems for suppliers and routinely evaluate supplier performance.
- Assure that all terms and conditions are met as established by Purchase Order requirements, Supply Agreements and technical requirements and conflicts are identified.
- Demonstrate continual growth towards competent performance of duties described as “Senior Buyer Responsibilities”.
- Working closely with the SDE, take the lead in providing oversight and direction to ensure that the commercial aspects of our supplier relationships are properly established.
- Supply Agreements (work closely with the Accounting Manager)
- Price & cost drivers
- Supplier relationship management
- Inventory terms
- Overall supplier performance
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier partnerships that will provide the company with competitive advantages in lowest total cost, highest quality, and superior customer service.
- Assess suppliers & potential suppliers for their position as a competitor to the company, implementing and following appropriate guidelines & safeguards to appropriately protect the companies confidential information.
- Award new business to suppliers based on the collaborative efforts of the SDE/Estimating/Engineering groups – considering ASL, pricing, timing, technical capabilities, terms & conditions, competitor status, etc.
- Negotiate Supply Agreements, Terms & Conditions, Pricing, etc. to acquire goods and services per the most advantageous terms for the company
- Drive continuous improvement with suppliers in alignment with company goals, including year-over-year cost reductions in overall supplier related costs.
- Take the lead in conducting spending analysis to continuously improve purchased supply for best-value performance in support of the strategic objectives of the business.
- Routinely evaluate suppliers and monitor supplier performance; update supplier status as appropriate. (Scorecards, Business reviews, Supplier Status - Preferred, Satisfactory, Needs Improvement).
- Create & utilize tools such as metrics, scorecards and comparative analysis to identify cost savings opportunities and to monitor/manage overall supplier performance.
- Develop multiple “Preferred” suppliers for each key material/service required to meet our production & business risk needs.
- Work closely with BCM’s, CSS, Planners to properly manage purchased materials and services regarding cost and inventory management considerations such as minimum buys, replenishment programs, raw material inventory coverage, and lead times, to achieve overall customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 1-3 years of buying experience within a manufacturing setting; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Other Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential including strong negotiating skills using a structured approach
- Able to effectively use IQMS for purchasing and inventory functions
- APICS, CPM or other purchasing credentials desired
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance philosophies, practices, and techniques
- NDT Level II Inspector in Santa Fe Springs CA
- PLC Programmer- Controls Specialist in South Brunswick NJ
- Endoscope Technician in Bartlett TN
- Warehouse in Suwanee GA
- SMT Production lead in Milford NH
- Sr Project Manager in Maple Grove MN
- Industrial Engineer in Newnan GA
- NDT Inspector III in Central Manchester CT
- Welder in Sterling MA
- 5 Operating Molding in Hopkinton MA
- Engineering Techs in Merrimack NH
- Short Term Assignment in Suwanee GA
- Belt Fabricator in Suwanee GA
- CNC Operator in Cumming GA
- Equipment Operator (Reach Lift) in Jefferson GA
- Quality Assurance Engineer in Duluth GA
- Production Assistant: in Los Alamitos CA
- Robotic Weld Operator in Duluth GA
- Warehouse Associate in burlington MA
- Quality Assurance Manager in Beverly MA
- Mechanical Inspector in Peabody MA
- Methods programmer in Milford NH
- Methods Documentation Specialist in Milford NH
- Accounts Payable Supervisor in Milford MA
- Final Assembly in Norcross GA
- Terminal Clerk in Oxford MA
- Inside Sales Representative in Golden CO
- Manufacturing Engineer in Portsmouth NH
- Project Manager in Fairburn GA
- 1st Shift Shipping Clerk in Manchester NH
- Test Technician in Tucker GA
- Pin Cell Operator in Central Manchester CT
- Assembly Technician in Tucker GA
- Procurement Specialist in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Financial Reporting Analyst in Marlborough MA
- Productions Ops Tech II in Milford MA
- Material Handler in Franklin MA
- Assembler - Kitter in Milford MA
- Staff Accountant in
- Principle Software Engineer in Lowell MA
- Welder in Alpharetta GA
- Solidworks Drafter in Bowling Green FL
- 2nd Shift QA Tech in Doraville GA
- Manufacturing Engineering Technician in Maple Grove MN
- Device Tech in Beverly MA
- AutoCad Technician in Bartlett TN
- Accounting Manager in Newton MA
- CNC Machine Operator in Norcross GA
- Field Service Technician in Franklin MA
- Inventory Clerk in Acton MA
- Production Coordinator in Norwood MA
- Program Manager MA in
- MANUAL MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Project Engineer in Douglasville GA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift in Worcester MA
- Maintenance Manager - 1st Shift in Metro West MA
- Maintenance Mechanic - 1st shift in Worcester MA
- Production Supervisor - 3rd shift in Worcester MA
- Electrical Manufacturing Technician in Brooklyn Park MN
- Field Service Engineer in Suwanee GA
- Gear Machinist in Santa Fe Springs CA
- Recruiting Coordinator in Waltham MA
- Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Mechanical Assembler in Duluth GA
- Wiring Technician (Control Panels) in Duluth GA
- Distribution Associate in Memphis TN
- Final Inspector in Central Manchester CT
- Dispatcher in Marlton NJ
- CNC - Lathe or Mill in Boylston MA
- Mechanical Engineer in Newnan GA
- Project Engineer in MA
- CNC Programmer (Mastercam): in Collierville TN
- Shipping & Receiving in Alpharetta GA
- Welder in Duluth GA
- Operations Supervisor in Ashland MA
- 1st ID-OD GRIND MACHINIST in Central Manchester CT
- Control Box Builder in Brooklyn Park MN
- Accounting Clerk in Westborough MA
- HR Admin in Auburn MA
- CNC Machinist in Central Manchester CT
- Machine Operators- 3rd shift in Lebanon NH
- Accounts Receivable in Westford MA
- Electromechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- Mechanical Assembler in Waltham MA
- CAD Designer in MA
- Engineering Technician in Memphis TN
- Solder Assembler II in Westboro
- Warehouse Associate in Milford MA
- Embedded Engineer in Ashland MA
- Warehouse Shipping-Receiving in Suwanee GA
- Warehouse Order Picker in Suwanee GA
- IT Help Desk Technician in Marlborough MA
- Fabrication - Lacing in Suwanee GA
- Maintenance Multi-Craft Day Shift in Gainesville GA
- Maintenance Technician in Lawrenceville GA
- Electrical Engineer in Littleton MA
- Project Engineer in Sterling MA
- Manufacturing Engineer in Sterling MA
- Field Service Engineer in Marlboro MA