We are currently hiring for a full time, Direct Hire, HR Generalist at our advanced manufacturing facility in Wallingford, CT! This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to build and advance their career in Human Resources!
PRIMARY FUNCTION:. The HRG will administer programs such as compensation, benefits, recruitment, new hire orientation and performance management. Creates and maintains confidential employee records, generates reports, and manages databases and files. Administers existing policies and works within existing procedures for carrying out high-quality detail-oriented work. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and possess the ability to perform under stressful situations.
- Provide customer service for all associates related to general work issues and systems support. Escalate issues of serious nature.
- Perform recruitment for salary and hourly open positions, including posting requisitions on ATS, placing ads, sourcing and reviewing resumes, scheduling appointment with managers, attendance at job fairs, and ensuring timely selection and feedback to candidates.
- Coordinate annual Benefits Open Enrollment process, and answer employee benefit questions.
- Administer and communicate the annual performance management (reviews) and compensation (merit) programs.
- Drive the annual Engagement Survey processes, including timely completion and action planning.
- Coordinates, schedules, arrange meetings - catering, and provides other general administrative support for the facility, special events, and visitors.
- Maintains all files to satisfy legal requirements – includes background checks, applicant logs, I-9 files, training records.
- Reconciles vendor billings, issues purchase orders, and prepares invoices for AP processing.
- Maintains organization and document control, creates and maintains metrics, organizational charts, and work instructions.
- Coordinates interviews, manages job postings, facilitates first day orientation, and coordinates ongoing orientation process with management team.
- Responsible for working with the local payroll function to ensure the accurate processing of payroll. This includes communication of changes, tracking employee vacation accruals, and answering general payroll questions.
- Coordinate Leave of Absence - documentation, and communication – with insurance providers, management, payroll, and HRIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or (4) years demonstrated experience in providing HR support required; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 3 years of prior Human Resources experience.
- Basic understanding of regulations and laws affecting Human Resources as well as strong experience with benefits/insurance providers, preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher Programs. Preferred experience working with an HR database software such as Workday and Kronos.