Human Resources Leader
Human Resources Leader
DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in Medical Device manufacturing to identify a new Human Resources Leader to help lead their organization!
Position summary of the Human Resources Leader:
The Human Resources Leader is directly responsible for the leadership, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function. The position serves as a peer to the Operating Company leadership team on all human resources-related issues.The position maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business’ products, financial position, its mid-range and long-range plans, its culture and its competition.
Essential Job Functions of the HR Leader:
- Ensure compliance with both Federal and State laws.
- May develop and maintain AAP; files EEO-1 annually, maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Lead the Human Resources function for the Operating Company by Managing and Directing the work of the Human Resources team to ensure continuous improvement in the areas of Cultural Values, Operating Performance, and Strategic Objectives
- Act as an employee advocate and resource in HR related issues.
Compensation & Benefits
- Develop and lead the compensation plan for all employees of the Operating Company. This includes the analysis of compensation for competitiveness, the process of compensation changes and approvals, and recommending compensation changes
- Lead the annual compensation and merit increase process with the Operating Company leadership
- Develop and Lead the Performance Management System and process.
- Develop tools and processes to ensure there is objectivity and consistent application of job performance measures.
- Develop and lead annual reviews of succession planning and key talent assessments using the Companies Talent Management process.
- Work closely with business leaders to drive employee performance and organizational effectiveness. Analyze trends and HR metrics for Operating Company (from acquisition of talent through exit). Work with leadership to address areas of concern.
Organizational Development and Coaching
- Provide strategic leadership, direction, and consultation to the Executive team with regards to organizational structure and design, policies, programs and initiatives.
- Support Leadership in the areas of employee relations, policies and procedures, talent development; and succession planning.
- Lead the New Employee on-boarding and training programs to ensure effectiveness.
- Lead the recommendations for HR strategic solutions to improve critical business objectives. Identify, create and implement change management initiatives to proactively support key business initiatives; partner with Leadership to proactively define and track the development of key talent and future leaders in the organization
- Leads the employee recognition program that includes all company sponsored activities and celebrations.
Talent Recruitment and Retention
- Develop and apply effective recruiting and selection strategies to identify, attract and select well-qualified candidates. Participate in interview process as required.
Minimum Requirements, Education & Experience of the HR Leader:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; advance degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR and/or SHRM designation preferred
- 10+ years in an HR role with progressing scope of experience, including supervision of Human Resources professionals
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required.
Desirable Criteria & Qualifications of the HR Leader:
- Ability to influence senior leads and drive positive change
- Knowledge and experience working with senior management as a trusted advisor providing timely comment and input on a range of business related challenges and issues
- Excellent executive presentation skills with an ability to distill and present actionable information from data and analytics
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations governing HR programs