Outside Account Manager
Outside Account Manager
The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the Control Panel Industry to identify an Outside Account Manager for their team in the North metro! Excellent opportunity for a self driven individual that enjoys working with a team!
- Identify and target customers for business growth either directly or through distributor network.
- Conduct sales calls and product demonstrations at customer locations; Provide solutions-oriented consulting to identify needs and potential solutions and translate into proposals for the customer. Recommend products and services to meet customer requirements considering salable features, such as flexibility, cost, capacity, and economy of operation.
- Work with engineering, R&D, and manufacturing to prepare proposals, quotes, design feedback and credit terms. Negotiate terms of sale and services with customer representatives.
- Monitor the product design and build process to ensure project completion on time within budget and to customer specifications.
- Inform customer of estimated delivery schedule, service contracts, warranty, or other information pertaining to purchased products and services. Consult with customer regarding installation, set-up, or layout of products and services.
- Participate in industry trade shows.
- Provide reports to document and highlight sales activity.
- Be the customer interface for any new or existing commercial discussions.
- Take emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Prepare reports of business transactions, current customer opportunities, contractual information, pricing files, and profit improvements
- Proactively manage and collect excess/obsolete inventory, presenting to customers on a quarterly basis and reporting results to management
Education, experience and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree – Engineering, Business, Marketing, or Industrial Distribution preferred, but open to all majors; minimum of 3 years Key Account Management experience with related products or commensurate combination of education and experience in a related industry.
- Experience customer interfacing for commercial decisions.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees. Refined persuasion and related sales and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to solve mathematical equations as related to job position, such as graphs, statistics, percentages and ratios.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of time.
- Maintain a valid Driver’s license and clean driving record