The DAVIS Companies is supporting a global leader in the medical device industry by securing a Program Manager to join their team in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
The Program Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of projects to transfer products from customers and ensures a controlled ramp up phase. This role includes management leadership and interaction with external partners to deliver a cost, delivery and technology effective supply chain for the benefit of the customer. Please note this position may require 50%+ travel including international.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Program Manager:
- Act as the customer interface to plan and implement product transfers in to our partners sites.
- Identify the goals, objectives, and scope of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects while working with relevant BU and Operations staff, both internal and external.
- Work within the defined standards and procedures as set out by our partner and the customer to successfully introduce new products.
- Provide regular and consistent communication between the launch team, the business unit, and the customer.
- Handle NPI program management issues such as: Program Ownership & Planning, Customer Interface, Information Channel – Program & Data Set-Up, Technology Challenges & Targets, Program Kick Off, Supply Chain Management, Project Tracking & Milestone Management, Tooling Management, Build & Capacity Management, Reporting
- Identify potential risks and make resolution suggestion through the escalation process.
- Open and regular communication of priorities and status of projects with Executive Management, regional and site leadership
- Provide processes and structure to project managers, project leads and project team to successfully achieve project goals and project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or metrics; as well as ensure standards and best practices are adhered to.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority.
- Design clear and consistent messages and project/program dashboards for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery
- Working closely with stakeholders and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Education & Experience Requirements of Program Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five (5) years work-related experience required in project management or related discipline.
- Previous experience in the healthcare/medical device manufacturing industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchieProficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project) and e-mail skills required