The DAVIS Companies has partnered with a leader in the telecommunications industry to add a Program Manager to their growing team!
The Program Manager serves as the main point of communication between the assigned customer, Operations and Sales. Administers overall operational management and accountability to all projects and service for the assigned accounts. This position is responsible for the overall management of incoming service and installation requests, the operational delivery for the account support team, while identifying further opportunities for sales within the account.
Essential Functions of Program Manager:
- Accurately estimate costs and revenue for the life cycle of work orders according to our company goals and standards
- Responsible for the team’s performance as it relates to meeting or exceeding company goals relating to mark, financial performance, days to invoice and DSO
- Main point of contact and communication between assigned customer, Operations, Solutions Center and Sales
- Responsible for providing upper management with assessments and identification of potential new business relating to assigned customer
- Work collaboratively with all internal resources to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained
- Assist Project Manager and/or Sales Engineer in the development of project bids and proposals with oversight of the negotiated terms and pricing with subcontractors for all projects assigned to the Project Team
- Responsible for ensuring all facets of account specific field operations are executed safely, to industry standards, and in accordance with the signed agreement
- Responsible for SLA and/or customer satisfaction
- Supervise Project Team employees to ensure that departmental practices, procedures, and expectations are met, and that they are fulfilling their assigned responsibilities
- Ensure that all Project Team job costing has been entered correctly on a weekly basis
- Responsible for financial forecasting of all projects assigned to the Project Team, maintaining Project Team budget and P&L profitability
- Provide oversight related to all assigned service orders, material requests, and other associated functions to ensure targets pertaining to established project parameters are met
- Assist the Director of Operations in the development of annual Project Team budgets
- Responsible for all invoicing related to assigned projects
- Responsible for overall operational deliverables for assigned accounts
- Accountable for the reduction of costs associated with subcontractor pricing.
- Provide the Director of Operations with regular Project Team performance updates
- Attend and contribute to weekly Operations meetings as assigned
- Responsible for the growth, retention and overall development of the assigned employee group
- Responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the assigned Department, including establishing and implementing short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; prepare and deliver employee evaluations as required
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
- Adjusting hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives
- Overseeing employees and discussing progress of work, resolving problems, and ensuring that standards for quality and quantity of work are met
- Establish contingency plan for all support positions required for assigned accounts
- Manage expenditures within predetermined budget.
- Document employee situations for personnel records
- Provide input on departmental forecasting and budgeting as required
- Travel to out of town business meetings, training sessions and job sites up to 50% of the time
Preferred Experience/Education of Program Manager:
- Working knowledge of structured cabling and associated peripherals, voice technologies, VoIP and Point of Sale (POS) systems strongly preferred
- PMP Certification
Required Experience/Education of Program Manager:
- Minimum of 2 years Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities of Program Manager:
- Ability to effectively communicate, present information, and respond to managers, employees, customers, and vendors in an intelligent, clear, concise, professional and grammatically correct manner.
- Strong ability to define technical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Combine several pieces of information and draw conclusions as well as to use reasoning to discover answers to problems.
- Analyze ideas and use logic to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify ways to measure and improve system performance.