Senior Global Planner
Senior Global Planner
Top biotech company in Milford is currently seeking an experienced Senior Global Planner to join their organization on a permanent basis. Must be a highly motivated, enterprise minded individual with a focus on planning analytics and inventory optimization. The incumbent will be responsible for supply and demand planning for one or more assigned product centers; and will be responsible for developing the inventory strategy to ensure that all global inventory targets and KPI's are met or exceeded for the assigned products. Also, this individual will assist in identifying and driving improvements in the planning processes, global inventory management and customer service. The ability to understand and effectively manage a complex global supply chain, as well as sophisticated product portfolios is required.
- Supply/Demand Management - lead efforts to improve product availability and Customer Service levels via balancing supply and demand. Develop alternative solutions to proactively identify and manage excess inventory.
- Inventory Management - support efforts to optimize inventory throughout the lifecycle of the different product lines; responsible for the planning & deployment of finished goods inventories at multiple distribution centers within Waters' distribution network.
- Data Analytics – assist in developing and tracking metrics; advance data-driven trend analysis; and utilize key analytics to make informed and timely planning decisions.
- Project Management - support/lead multiple projects designed at identifying and advancing continuous improvement opportunities in the planning group.
- Actively drive Sales and Marketing meetings on demand changes.
- Collaborate with the Americas, Asian and European Distribution Centers to optimize worldwide inventory versus the plan.
- Partner with Production Planning/Operation teams to ensure supply requirements are met.
- Partner with Customer Service to allocate products accordingly.
- Additional responsibilities include: Driving and improving the S&OP process; understanding the operational and financial impacts of the demand/supply plan; traveling to manufacturing plants to lead quarterly supply consensus review meetings; and advancing SAP/APO.
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing supply/demand/inventory plans for a global manufacturing company
- Knowledge of planning processes, systems and distribution planning principles
- Analytical and enterprise minded
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required, with the ability to influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization
- SAP/APO experience highly preferred
- APICS certification is considered a plus
- Proficiency with MS office is required