Are you interested in working for a Best Places to Work? Do you love building relationships, creating opportunity, providing exceptional service and working with integrity, this is the job for you! We are looking to hire an engaging, outgoing, and fun Staff Accountant to grow our staffing business headquartered in Marlborough, MA.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant: The Staff Accountant is responsible for day to day activities of the Accounts Payable department, including vendor relations, check requests, invoice processing, maintaining the general ledger and internal financial reporting.
- Prepare analysis on various expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare journal entries to be entered into the general ledger.
- Prepare miscellaneous analysis i.e.: cost analysis by customer, vendor, commissions
- Prepare analysis for outside auditors.
- Research problems and resolve various accounting and tax issues.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and year to date financial statements.
- Review all invoices to be paid for purchase orders, invoices are calculated correctly, proper authorization and approvals, assigns proper account number.
- Responsible for the processing weekly of disbursements accurately and on a timely basis. Sets payment dates for each vendor.
- Make appropriate accruals and journal entries.
- Handle vendor inquiries .
- Verifies work for accuracy to ensure quality of input.
- Diligently pursues a broad and deep understanding of all aspects of your division, your core competencies /skill sets, and our company as a whole.
- Takes overall responsibility for personal growth, goal achievement and effectiveness in this position.
Qualifications of the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 2-4 years business experience
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Access and Word
- Familiarity with Great Plains/Dynamics preferred
Why work at DAVIS? Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Defined career paths, with the ability to continually grow and move up in your career
- Excellent compensation plans with unlimited commission potential
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy, with uncapped PTO after two years of service
- Casual attire every day
- Community service volunteer opportunities monthly
- Excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, health savings account, flexible spending account, long and short-term disability, and life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Weekly company-sponsored lunch
- Tuition reimbursement
Real Relationships. Powerful Partnerships. Exceptional Opportunities.
DAVIS Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer