Trade Operations Supervisor
Trade Operations Supervisor
Direct-Hire Trade Operations Supervisor Position!
The Trade Operations Supervisor oversees the Import/Export activity for global biotech company, and will work with a variety of departments within organization to ensure smooth and expedient movement of goods while maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and meeting customer expectations. This role is a vital part of a team responsible for executing the day to day logistics activity for the organization.
This position further requires the supervision of Import, Export and Traffic Administrators and 2 Distribution Planners within the Global Distribution Organization.
The Trade Operations Supervisor will also manage the relationship with, and monitor the performance of, company designated Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders.
- Supervise 8 direct reports; Provide leadership, coaching, feedback and direction to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Interface with internal/external customers, foreign subsidiaries, distributors, vendors, brokers, and carriers to ensure efficient movement of goods into and out of the US.
- Develop, execute, and implement internal controls to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products. Ensure routine evaluation of processes to perform at optimal levels.
- Conduct periodic export and import self assessments (compliance audits) and implement any necessary corrective actions. Oversee import/export record retention process.
- Compile Monthly Metrics, report anomalies, identify trends and implement process improvements as necessary.
- Provide input in relation to selection, evaluation, and performance of carriers to ensure competitive positioning of cost and transit time for both internal and external customers
- Collaborate with the Global Trade Compliance team on corporate training, process improvement projects, and coordinating any changes to local procedures related to regulatory updates. Work with GTC and internal organizations to implement cost avoidance measures for freight, duty, and associated logistics services.
- Regularly attend training, stay abreast of regulatory changes and updates. Provide training to staff and others as necessary.
- Develop and Oversee the Order Management function within the Trade Operations Team- responsible for monitoring customer orders and meeting customer requested delivery dates, interfacing with Manufacturing plants, and demand planners to ensure stock availability, and tracking to delivery
Bachelors Degree and minimum of 3 years of Trade or Logistics experience required
Supervisory experience required
Strong working knowledge of international business practices, transportation laws, and US Customs requirements required (LCB a plus)
Familiarity with SAP or Other ERP system
Strong leadership skills
Must be able to handle multiple tasks
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
Must be a team player and self starter