Medical Lab Tech
Medical Lab Tech - Flow Cytometry
- Provides accurate patient test results by following approved protocols and procedure to assist physicians in patient evaluation and assessment.
- Performs quality control assessments and routine instrument maintenance using accrediting agency standards and manufacturer specifications to assure the validity of laboratory test results.
- Maintains personal skill competencies, assures section in-service, and education needs are met to comply with licensing, accrediting standards, and regulations.
- Operation of BD FACS Lyric 10 color flow cytometers.
- Analysis of patient samples for screening and diagnosis of hematolymphoid disorders utilizing BD FACS Suite Flow Cytometry software (or other analysis software as applicable).
- Receipt and preparation of patient samples for enumeration of lymphocyte subsets (T cells, B cells, NK cells, etc.)
- Analysis of patient samples for enumeration of lymphocytes subsets utilizing BD FACS Suite Clinical Flow Cytometry software (or other analysis software as applicable).
- Preparation and analysis of College of American Pathologist proficiency testing samples (or other equivalent proficiency testing).
- Archiving patient sample reports and proficiency testing results.
- Ensuring adequate quantities of reagents and supplies are available for testing purposes, including analysis and adjustment of standing supply orders.
- Making improvements to sample workflow through identification of efficiencies in pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical phases.
- Ensuring a safe work environment, including but not limited to, maintaining a clean work space, confirming reagents and supplies are properly stored, and equipment is properly maintained.
- Close communication with the hematopathologists regarding trends in testing and results, potential improvements to proecesses, identification of issues which may negatively impact patient care
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent preferred and completion of an AMA-approved program of Medical Technology.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures as normally acquired through a minimum of six (6) months of laboratory experience. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Certification or eligible by ASCP or equivalent