Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is a Direct Hire opening in Norwood, MA on 1st shift. Responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing shipments to the Norwood facility and all associated record keeping. This includes resupply of empty shippers and reagent kits to customers
- Receive multiple shipments daily, including unpacking, opening, and sorting received specimens
- Assist the Sr. Warehouse staff with materials receipt, warehouse organization, and deliveries between sites.
- Restock supplies in multiple laboratories between two adjacent facilities utilizing personal vehicle as necessary
- Assemble and stock empty specimen shippers.
- Perform daily activities such as generating reports for customer requirements in shipper tracker system, fulfilling customer service orders, and making inventory adjustments
- Ship Reagent Kits to customers. Ship other items by request of employees needing this assistance.
- Assist the Facilities team tasks as needed.
- Assist laboratory operation as needed during peak testing
- Perform a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned
- Follow all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area
- Experience in a GMP or regulated environment preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work methodically and systematically with attention to detail
- 1-2 years’ related logistics experience
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team
- Work requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and have a strong customer service orientation and positive attitude.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Also:
- Frequently moves equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Job requires employee to sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to remain on his or her feet in an upright position for continuous periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work.