Sr. Program Manager
Sr. Scientific Program Manager - Permanent
The Sr. Program Manager will manage projects within Operations, and ensure that key milestones are delivered within time and budget. This will involve input on the production of plans, preparation of documentation and managing activities across teams. The Sr. Program Manager will ensure that communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project’s lifecycle, integrating with different groups including Laboratory Operations, Engineering, Regulatory, Quality, and Manufacturing.
The prime responsibility is to ensure that assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints and to facilitate full realisation of objectives.
Under the direction of the Site Head the Program Manager is responsible for managing across functional teams to execute the project work plan (in collaboration with relevant team members) and support the project team to successfully complete tasks on time. This will be achieved by undertaking the following:
- Contribute to the planning process taking ownership when agreed by the key stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans.
- Implement the project plan to meet the defined goals
- Utilize planning and project management tools to monitor progress of projects and inform resource requirements.
- Anticipate risks, establishing a mitigation plan to minimize impact on timelines and budget
- Manage project budgets
- Plan and schedule project timelines
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Provide regular project evaluations and assessment of results
- Collate and distribute Monthly Project Reports
- Working to Company Values at all times
Technical skills and abilities
- Must have experience in managing development project in the biotechnology or diagnostic fields, with a track record in delivering challenging and complex goals.
- Possess skills in a wide range of project management processes, including maintenance of complex schedules and timelines, efficient contractual change control management, cross?team management.
- Demonstrate strong abilities in leadership, risk mitigation, and client communications.
- Experience managing projects in CAP, CLIA, and FDA regulated environments is strongly preferred.
- Experience of successfully delivering process development initiatives in a clinical laboratory environment.
- Familiar with key project management techniques such as Microsoft Project, Prince 2, Six Sigma.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to build a team are strongly preferred.
- 8-12 years of experience working within matrix management on complex projects.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a scientific or technical field strongly preferred.
- PMP Certification a plus
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrates problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, including previous experience of dealing with managing simultaneous project
- Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong desire to take ownership of many different projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple timelines, while maintaining the team focus.
- Willingness to travel to other sites as needed.
Emotional skills and abilities
- Ability to think analytically and review problems constructively
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels and across disciplines
- Ability to gain and maintain trust and confidence of project contributors and colleagues
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is
15% travel required.