Technical Laboratory Supervisor
Technical Laboratory Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor assists the Laboratory Manager and Director ODL with the clinical, technical and quality programs in the laboratory in a manner that is consistent with the goals of Oxford Diagnostic Laboratories
- Performs the T-Spot diagnostic laboratory test according to laboratory procedures.
- Ensure that laboratory protocols are followed at all times and that the Quality Management System is adhered to at all times and in all aspects of the job.
- Provide to Director ODL continuous feedback on improvements required (equipment, non-conformities, problems and/or logistical measures) in order to maximize sample throughput. Design, conduct and implement new equipment validations/verifications in the laboratory.
- Planning and implementation of cross group projects between ODL US and ODL UK. This might include implementation of new equipment (automation line) in both laboratories and beta-testing of new tests protocols.
- Perform duties in other departments on an occasional basis to meet critical company objectives as requested.
- Coordinates and conducts equipment repairs on equipment vital to the execution of testing on the T-Spot platform.
- Lead individuals and work groups to continuously improve performance by creating an environment that ensures application of quality principles and techniques to achieve desired outcomes.
- Performs a variety of special projects or additional work as needed/assigned including participating in new test development and evaluation. Drafts procedures/protocols as directed.
- Maintains all regulatory standards and Good Laboratory Practices.
- Adheres and complies to all ODL policies and procedures.
- Spend an adequate amount of time in the laboratory. Regular attendance and timeliness is essential. Work to Oxford Immunotec Company Values at all times
- Creates environment, which fosters excellence, sensitivity, problem-solving capabilities and leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology including up to one year of practical training and four years of full time clinical laboratory experience.
- Must have current certification as a Medical Technologist
- Must have and maintain an active TN license as a Laboratory Supervisor or be eligible for and obtain such license within 3 months of employment at ODL.
- Requires the analytical skills necessary to plan for, design or enhance highly-complex systems and programs, resolve problems requiring a comprehensive and state-of?the?art awareness of scientific field.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high degree of personal & professional initiative.
- Problem solving ability - able to develop creative, practical solutions that meet business objectives.
- Strong project management skills ability to create, adapt and follow work plans
- Ability to thrive in a global, multicultural collaborative team environment
- Ability to create cross-functional teams driven by project / business needs; ability to lead teams and secure outcomes without direct line authority
- Organizational/time management; able to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work rotating hours/shifts and weekends.
The physical demands described within the Position Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Job requires employee to walk considerable distances in the facility during the course of his or her work. Five percent (5%) travel required.