E-Commerce EDI Specialist
Position: E-Commerce EDI Specialist
A client of ours near Carny’s Point, NJ is looking for an E-Commerce EDI Specialist
Responsibilities of the E-Commerce EDI Specialist:
- Troubleshoots problems that are related to EDI communications, mapping and data.
- Work on projects to implement EDI communications and document mapping for new and existing customers.
- Monitoring of helpdesk and Agile Scrum systems; includes meetings and following up with fellow IT colleagues as well as end-users to ensure proper response and timely communications.
- Must be able to be proactive to identify issues, and clearly communicate and work with both internal and external customers to bring them to proper resolution.
- Evaluate and analyze existing mappings, configurations and programs to ensure proper functioning and recommend/institute changes where necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Requirements of the E-Commerce EDI Specialist:
- Bachelor degree and/or 5 years related field experience.
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting and basic commands essential, AIX exposure a plus.
- Some previous software development experience strongly preferred. Any Progress OpenEdge ABL (4GL) experience is a plus.
- Experience with EDI mapping software. Gentran exposure a plus.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
Additional preferred qualifications of the E-Commerce EDI Specialist:
- Previous experience with QAD or other manufacturing software would be ideal
- Knowledge of ERP systems and manufacturing concepts