Embedded Firmware Engineer
Our client located in Salem, NH is looking for an Embedded Firmware Engineer to join their team on a direct hire basis.
- Design, develop, implement, test, and maintain firmware for internal and external products.
- Contribute to the firmware architecture (including refining into detailed firmware design) and firmware related documents.
- Participate in design and code reviews as well as provide analysis, evaluation, and selection of concepts and approaches for firmware design of new or improved products and processes.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines and other departments on system design and development.
- Provide technical information for review with product engineering teams using established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods (e.g. structured design process; customer design reviews). Writes supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports and assist in writing technical proposals for customers.
- Participate in verification & validation testing of firmware and systems.
- Participate in Risk Analysis meetings for new and current products.
- Share specialized knowledge with others, help mentor new employees and as needed, represent the Company on specific projects or engineering tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years embedded firmware experience, hands on experience on Embedded Systems and/or hardware
- Strong software experience in C, experience with C++
- Ability to perform the essential functions in a product development environment
- Knowledge about microcontroller based firmware design and development
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting ability
- Writing firmware under an embedded OS or real time scheduler
- A solid background in computer science
- Familiarity with serial communication
- Familiarity with medical device software/firmware development