We are currently working with a rapidly growing tech company in Boston who is looking to bring on a System Administrator on a direct hire basis.
- Maintain and utilize core technology infrastructure, including servers, desktop computers, laptops, internet-based systems and applications
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Upgrade and configure system software and infrastructure applications
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Add, remove user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Perform routine LAN administrative duties as required.
- Compile, write, and maintain written documentation of all computer configurations
- Follow established practices and standards for workstation configurations, naming conventions, and other established procedures.
- Requires some evening and weekend, sometimes with little advanced notice
- 3-5+ years of relevant IT experience
- Proven ability to learn and pick up new technologies quickly
- Highly organized individual
- A self-starter who has strong, proactive work ethic and sense of responsibility in managing a full workload of multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- High energy personality who is able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem solver and troubleshooter
- Ability to meet very aggressive deadlines
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Technology, a related field OR equivalent experience.
- Professional Certifications required on either: CCNA; MCSA or VCP 5x or 6x; Requires at least 2 years’ experience installing operating systems and applications, installing and troubleshooting services, troubleshooting Microsoft hardware, operating systems, and office productivity software.
- Requires at least 2 years’ experience with remote assistance, Active Directory, and hardware.
- Requires a solid understanding of core networking including but not limited to: LAN/WAN, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, IIS, VPN, Wireless and Firewalls
- Office 365 administration and support a plus.
- Knowledge of Google Apps support a plus
- Experience with account management.
- Must be self-motivated, display an attitude of ownership and a strong desire to learn new technologies.
- Must be a team player with excellent customer service skills and communication skills (both oral and written), attention to detail, comprehensive problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Modern, energetic working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion –employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement.
- Salary ranges depending on skills and expertise – with base salary + bonus for achieving goals.
- We offer a competitive health plan, 401K, stock options and more!