Position: Progress Developer
A client of ours in Bridgeton, NJ is looking for a Progress Programmer
Responsibilities of the Progress Developer:
- Troubleshoots problems that are related to QAD using Progress 4GL/ABL.
- Performs business system support and development as needed to implement and assist users and others with developing applications or enhancing existing applications.
- Develops browses which is a feature that is specific to QAD .NET user interface.
- Assists in the management of projects and works with users as a business analyst.
- Management and monitoring of helpdesk system; includes meetings and following up with fellow IT colleagues as well as end-users in order to ensure proper response and timely communications.
- Evaluate and analyze programs to ensure proper functioning and recommend/institute changes where necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Requirements of the Progress Developer:
- Bachelor degree and/or 5 years related field experience.
- At least 3-5 years of Progress 4GL/ABL development experience required
- Some basic exposure to Unix/AIX systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Previous experience with QAD or other manufacturing software would be ideal.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and manufacturing concepts.
Open to relocation