Our client located in Norwood, Ma is looking for a Logistics Manager to join their team on a Direct Hire basis.
The Logistics Manager will support global material transportation over road, air, and ocean ensuring that all import/export transactions comply with applicable federal and international regulations. This role will have 8-9 direct reports which consist of shop floor and office staff.
Successful candidates should possess a bachelor’s degree with 10 years’ experience in logistics and trade compliance with at least 5 years in a leadership role. Subject matter expert in all matters of global logistics and import/export compliance.
- Overall responsibility for the Division import/export compliance process, denied party screening, Export Administration Regulations, and export licensing. Full responsibility to train personnel and reinforce this process across the organization
- Supervises shipment coordinator staff for all inbound and outbound international/domestic freight
- Works with the business and finance teams to recognize revenue based on the contracted delivery terms with the customer
- Responsible for all packaging and crating of capital systems and accessories to ensure that products arrive at customer destinations free of damage
- Assist internal and external customers with claims resulting from shipping damage
- Communicates effectively with all individuals from shop floor personnel to senior management
- Maintains relationships with carriers, freight forwarders, Customs brokers, and other service providers to ensure adherence to established SOPs
- Ability to recruit, train and develop employees to create a high performing team
- Position requires a strong attention to detail and demonstrated reliability
- Travel when necessary