This opportunity is for a growing company that offers the tools and training to become an expert at what they do and help manufacture products that directly impact lives
Maintenance Mechanic starts at 20.89 with a progression to 25.06, top rate is 31.33
SHIFT: 1st shift 7a-3:30p., D-crew 7p-7a
A Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the safe and efficient completion of all service requests encompassing all facility and production equipment to constantly meet customer on-time product delivery expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Individuals in this position must be able to:
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspections of facility and production equipment to monitor performance, recommend appropriate preventative maintenance (PM) / repairs, and record findings.
- Perform routine PM on facility and production systems & equipment to sustain optimal availability and reliability, safe operating status and recommend modifications to improve performance.
- Disassemble, repair and reassemble equipment according to operating manual, schematics, blueprints and external technical assistance; and validate the equipment is operating safely and to OEM standards.
- Fabricate and install parts or machine guards to improve the safe, efficient and up-time performance of equipment.
- Train others in areas of expertise.
- Be available to report during off-shift hours when required due to maintenance or repair requirements of facility and production equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Conduct on-the-job Training
- Diagnosis and Repair Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems
- Complete Basic Welding Practices / Techniques
- Application of Manuals, Drawings and Vendor Technical Advice to Troubleshoot and Repair equipment and systems across the plant.
- Operate a milling machine and welder applying safe practices and appropriate techniques.
- Apply basic Electro/Mechanical skills
- Use of test and diagnostics to gather data on equipment and system performance to determine root cause.
- Knowledgeable on how to safety operate and use standard shop equipment.
- Understands the concept of continuous improvement, six sigma or lean.
- Application of time management, organizational and good housekeeping techniques to complete assignment on time and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and participate in a fast paced, customer focused, team oriented environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.